Friday, April 25, 2008

Knitting in the hockey bar


So, now that I'm knitting furiously again, I'm taking my knitting with me to the Icehouse Tavern at the Arcadia rink. It's pretty funny to sit in a dark tavern, drinking a Molson, watching hockey, and knitting. But it's a great way to get a lot accomplished.

I'm currently obsessing with my felted daypack. It requires knitting in the round forever. Or nearly forever. It feels like forever and I'm about a third of the way through the body. Then straps, flap, pockets... It's one of those projects I want finished tomorrow, and hopefully will finish rather quickly. At least knitting in the round goes very quickly. I love my KnitPicks Harmony circs. They are awesome. So smooth & fast. And the cable is so nice.

Kyle is currently playing pond hockey and taking powerskating lessons in anticipation of Bantam hockey next season. Our tryouts are coming up pretty quickly here - May 10. He's still not grown the foot we need him to grow. Any suggestions? The rack?

It's hot here, already. 90+ today and climbing. I think the a/c will have to go on tomorrow. Yuck. Knitting wool and 90+ degrees. Fun stuff.

No comments: