Thursday, April 10, 2008

No hockey & lots of knitting


Felt it was time to check in without hockey news. Kyle is taking a break. Tryouts in May. He is taking some private skating lessons with Gayle Shalloo. We think it will probably help him.

The puppies are swimming daily again. The pine trees are dropping all their pods in the pool. The mockingbirds are kicking eggs out of the nest again. It's supposed to be in the mid 90s here this weekend. Yuck. Time to close up the windows and turn on the a/c until October.

I'm in the midst of 3 knitting projects that can be seen on Facebook or Ravelry. Slippers for around the house, a scarf/hat/mitten project that needs to be finished for a xmas gift, and soon to start a lovely felted backpack. (Thanks to Tempe Yarn & Fiber for patiently watching me try to pick yarns and then winding the skeins for me!) I just ordered a circular needle set for the backpack, as I couldn't see adding another individual circ needle when the beautiful KnitPicks Harmony set exists.

I'm sure my ramblings about my felted backpack project will be fun to follow. Never have done a crochet cast-on. Double YO? What's that? Should be a hair puller.

Keep checking in.

No comments: