Sunday, December 28, 2008

2009 around the corner...

Which has me thinking about changes I would like to make in 2009. Not resolutions, as we all know those are impossible to keep, but real changes.

I want to be a better wife. Keep the house cleaner, actually make dinner more regularly, not leave the laundry in the dryer until it's time to do more laundry.

I want to be a better mom. Not constantly nitpick at the little things, but support and praise the good things. Play Guitar Hero with him when he wants me to. Listen when he talks.

I want to be better to my dogs. Walk them every day instead of every day that I feel like it. And when it's too hot to walk them, be sure that I can take them swimming at least once, for a long time. They are Border Collies and they love to be outside doing something.

Be a more patient, kind person. Not snapping at the other drivers on the freeway or the snowbirds in the stores.

Spend less money. Stop bringing needless, frivolous things into the house on a regular basis. How much crap do we really need anyway?

Pray regularly. Not when I'm in a dire "Oh God I need this help now" moment, but to reflect and say thanks for what I have every day.

Smile more. Life is good. I shouldn't complain. A smile can make such a difference.

I am hoping that you will be happy and healthy in your new years as well. I will say a prayer for you.

No comments: