Friday, April 15, 2005

chaos reigns!

Well, I spent several hours yesterday, on & off, writing a lengthy post about the pups. I intended to finish it last night, when lo & behold, I came back to my computer to find that it had rebooted itself due to some critical Windows update. Lord, I wanted to scream! So, doubtful you'll ever get to hear about all the trials & tribs over the last 5 days with my babies!

They're doing great. Visited the vet (social visit only - with their freshly bagged stool samples) and got weighed - 10 pounds each, despite Snoopy looking much bigger. Snoopy just has more fur :-) I upped their food, as I wasn't feeding quite enough. They scarf down a meal & are ready for more sometimes.

They love the lawn & chase each other around endlessly. It's funny how they can be running one minute and sound asleep the next. Truly amazing. They have very different personalities. Snoopy is much more social, but fearful of strange things. Joe is more shy, but braver. Snoopy is the vocal one. He barks & barks. Really cute. He even "talks" when he's playing with Joe. Joe is more laid back. He really "goes with the flow."

The crate training is going really well. Up to almost 5 hours at a stretch with 15-30 minute breaks. Their breeder said she's got the remaining two pups crated for up to 7, so I may try a little longer each night for the next few days. I would love to sleep for more than 3 hours at a stretch! Snoopy still cries a bit, Joe sometimes too, but they are getting the hang of it.

I hear puppies awake so I must run for now. More later.

No comments: